2009-04-22

problem of my project "Serialization Service"

Hi,Ben and everyone
Now,I am preparing my final proposal for project "Serialization Service".
I have encountered a problem,as follow:

Question:How I can determin the detailed information about all the domain objects of OpenMRS?Such as which properties of object need to alias, what the alias name of the domain object, which properties of object need to omit, which objects need the specific converter?
I have problem knowing about these information :-/
Ben,or everyone else,Can you give me a guide where I can get these informations or how I can get these information?
Thanks,hope you help:-)

3 comments:

  1. We will need to determine that on a case-by-case basis. But most objects will need most attributes to be serialized.

    The alias for properties and domain objects should be the object classname with a lowercase first letter.

    Look at the unit tests for ReportObjects and for the Pepfar Report. I think that has some SimpleFramework specific stuff in it, but thats the general idea of how to serialize it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx,Ben.
    (1) As you mean a case-by-case basis,then where i can get these info?I think these informations are determined in the developer conference,is it?

    (2) Well,I will spend time reading the specific code about unit test for ReportOjbects and the Pepfar Report.
    And if i have new problems in this couse,i will post a new topic describing problem in my blog,is ti ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably won't be discussed on the developers conference call. It will just be discussed on your wiki page probably. Most objects will be straightforward. Once we do a few you will see a pattern. The ones that you have questions about you can put on your wiki page and myself and others can comment on how we think they should be.

    Yes, new blog for new questions is good.

    ReplyDelete